Sorry, this item is currently out of stock.
This item is currently out of stock. Enter your email address below to get notified when it comes back in stock.
This set contains eight pieces of wooden food, a cutting board and a wooden knife. Cutting the food makes a satisfying "crunch" and a playful introduction to concepts of whole, parts and fractions.
More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to identify each food and categorize it as a fruit, vegetable, or grain.
- Place the food items in a row. Ask the child to count the number of food items. Repeat the activity until the child is able to count them independently.
- Ask the child to place the apple on the cutting board and cut it apart with the wooden knife. Explain that the apple has been cut into two equally sized pieces, or halves. Ask the child to find another piece of food that could be cut in half (the pepper).
- Ask the child to put together the sandwich-bread slices on the cutting board and to use the wooden knife to cut them into individual slices. Explain that the bread was cut into three equal slices, or thirds. (Do not use the loaf for this activity--it works best with the sandwich slices.)
- Ask the child to place the watermelon slice on the cutting board and to cut it apart with the wooden knife. Explain that the watermelon slice has been cut into four pieces, or fourths.
The in store location isn't a puzzle, but a set of coordinates to help you and our staff locate the item in our store. The item might be located in more than one place or could be in an area you don't have access to. If you have any problems locating the item, please ask for assistance and one of our friendly staff will help you.