Sorry, this item is currently out of stock.
This item is currently out of stock. Enter your email address below to get notified when it comes back in stock.
Wooden set features a wooden knife and seven pieces of sliceable fruit that can be cut into a total of seventeen pieces. Food makes a fun "CRUNCH" sound when sliced. With so many pieces, it's also a great way to introduce the concepts of part, whole and fractions!
More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to identify each piece of fruit. Place the pieces of fruit in a row. Count the pieces. Repeat the activity until the child is able to count the independently.
- Ask the child to use the wooden knife and cut the pear into two pieces. Explain that the pear has been cut into two equally sized pieces or halves. Ask the child to find other fruits that can be cut into halves (the orange, strawberry, lemon and kiwi).
- Ask the child to use the wooden knife to cut the banana into three pieces. Explain that the banana has been cut into thirds.
- Ask the child to use the wooden knife to cut the melon slice into four pieces. Explain the the melon slice has been cut into foruths.
- Ask the child to mix different pieces of fruit together to create new fruits and name them. For example: a strawberry and a kiwi might make a "kiberry."
- Place four or more pieces of fruit in front of the child. Let him/her study them before asking the child to close his/her eyes while you remove one piece. Ask the child to identify which piece was removed.
The in store location isn't a puzzle, but a set of coordinates to help you and our staff locate the item in our store. The item might be located in more than one place or could be in an area you don't have access to. If you have any problems locating the item, please ask for assistance and one of our friendly staff will help you.